- Announcing SELF 2019 March 22, 2019
- Microsoft Now Offering GNU/Linux Certification December 9, 2015
- Google & Children’s Privacy December 2, 2015
- Whoa. Microsoft Is Using Linux to Run Its Cloud September 19, 2015
- “Essentials of Linux Systems Administration” course arrives on EdX June 7, 2015
Category Archives: Your Rights
Paul Murphy of CIO Today writes “Jefferson’s dictum that “the price of freedom is eternal vigilance” has been offered as both rationale and mantra for probably hundreds of distinct political and economic movements, including the Berkeley Free Speech Movement led … Continue reading
It is tax preparation season again. The IRS has links to several companies that will do free online Tax preparation and filing. I have used TaxAct for several years now and it works fine in Mozilla.
Lajos Moczar has written a thoughful essay on the dangers of allowing commercial Open Source endeavors to dominate the Free Software Movement. He does an interesting job of classifying “Open Source” into two catagories of models: the Volunteer Model and … Continue reading
I recently went to the IRS website and was happy to find all kinds of intelligent PDF forms. I was frustrated by the fact that once filled out however, I couldn’t save them under Linux. The Acrobat Reader version 5 … Continue reading
Many new readers might have some questions regarding Free Software. Techimo has a nice Editorial about the Free Software Foundation.