- Microsoft Now Offering GNU/Linux Certification December 9, 2015
- Google & Children’s Privacy December 2, 2015
- Whoa. Microsoft Is Using Linux to Run Its Cloud September 19, 2015
- “Essentials of Linux Systems Administration” course arrives on EdX June 7, 2015
- Road Trip to Southeast Linux Fest 2015! May 28, 2015
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Artur Maj gives us a detailed how-to on securing PHP’s configuration for maximum security and operation in a chroot jail while still being able to communicate with a MySQL database service.
Our volunteer work with the Miami LUG at Liberty City Learning Center has been immortalized digitally by the keyboard of Robin “Roblimo” Miller of Newsforge. You can find the article here: http://newsforge.com/newsforge/03/06/11/2022224.shtml?tid=23.
I did not see a security topic,but this is for those who run RAV Antivirus mail server or desktop products. It would appear Microsoft wants to have its own AV product in-house,and is buying GeCAD’s code (or at least an … Continue reading
Frank Sfalanga, Bert Rapp, and myself (Chris Williams) are going to Miami tomorrow to help Gonzalo Porcel-Quero of University of Miami and the MiaLUG (Miami LUG) setup LTSP at Liberty City Learning Center on 30 donated computers. Frank is also … Continue reading
If the stock market is any indication of the level of public concern regarding the future of free software in the enterprise – the word on the street seems to be “no worries mate”. RedHat stock reached…