- Microsoft Now Offering GNU/Linux Certification December 9, 2015
- Google & Children’s Privacy December 2, 2015
- Whoa. Microsoft Is Using Linux to Run Its Cloud September 19, 2015
- “Essentials of Linux Systems Administration” course arrives on EdX June 7, 2015
- Road Trip to Southeast Linux Fest 2015! May 28, 2015
Category Archives: Uncategorized
In case you haven’t received your notice, Florida has a class action settlement thingy-ma-bob against Microsoft. If you are located in Florida and purchased licenses for certain Microsoft software, including MS-DOS, Windows, Office, Word or Excel software, or a personal … Continue reading
After the army and DHS have recently signed deals with Microsoft worth hundreds of millions, they suddenly “notice” security issues. It’s not the first security hole, and surely not the last, but this is a welcome announcement from the DHS’s … Continue reading
We are running out of unique IP address unless we switch to a new system. Check it out at NY Times.
Part of SCO’s complaint against IBM is that IBM should not have helped Linux by adding JFS. Looking at the history of JFS on Linux is therefore interesting. Steve Best of IBM announces JFS 1.0.13. Read the post, and you’ll … Continue reading
The recent efforts of Frank, Bert, and myself were mentioned in an article in the Cape Coral section of Sunday’s News Press.